Student Design League T-shirt Design Contest Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. WINNING REQUIRES SKILL AS WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE JUDGES (AS HEREINAFTER DEFINED).
1. RRL USA LLC, a Florida limited liability company (“Sponsor”), the owner of the “Robin Ruth” and “Student Design League” branded clothing lines, is sponsoring The Student Design League Contest (the “Contest”) where Eligible Contestants (as hereinafter defined) compete in designs (each, a “Design”) of a University Logo T-Shirt and Hat (the “Apparel”). The terms and conditions for the Contest are contained in these Contest Terms and Conditions (the “T&Cs”). There is no cost to enter the Contest.
2. The Contest is open only to individual persons who are (a) legal residents of the 50 States of the United States of America (“U.S.”) and the District of Columbia, (b) 18 years of age or older as of the date such person enters the Contest, (c) not residents of Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan and Burma (Myanmar), and (d) not otherwise prohibited from receiving such prizes under U.S. law.
If the Sponsor determines a Contest design entry (each an “Entry” and collectively the “Entries”) violates any of the representations and warranties made below by the person (a “Contestant”) who submitted it, that Entry along with the Contestant who submitted it will be disqualified from the Contest. During the Contest Period (defined below), Contestants may submit up to ten (10) separate and total entries, using the web URL, SDLproject.com. Entries sent via email will not be accepted or considered. By entering, Contestants warrant that their Entries are their own original creation and that no Entry submitted by them infringes on another person’s intellectual property rights. Any use of any photo, drawing, image or other elements on any Design Entry that is created by any other person other than the Contestant who submitted it, (except for use of the University logo, which is required) is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. By submitting an Entry in the Contest, the Contestant submitting such entry is representing and warranting that:
1. His/her Design (a) is his/her own original work (besides any University Logo included on the Design), and (b) does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, any other intellectual property belonging to any third party, or content subject to a third party’s right of publicity or privacy.
2. His/her Design does not infringe any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright) of any other person.
3. His/her Design does not disparage any person; is not indecent, violent, sexually explicit, inappropriate, obscene, hateful, abusive, tortious, untruthful, inaccurate, offensive, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; does not promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or violate any person’s right to privacy or other personal rights; does not contain profanity, nudity or other morally or legally objectionable depictions or materials.
Each entry should be appropriate for the “Robin Ruth” and “Student Design League” brand images. No Design Entry will be accepted if it had earned a prize in a previous contest or competition held by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or reject any Entry, in its sole and absolute discretion, that does not meet the above criteria. Once submitted, an Entry cannot be modified by the Contestant submitting it.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, CONTESTANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AND EDITED, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION.
Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
By entering a Design Entry into the Contest, the Contestant acknowledges and agrees that (a) Sponsor has the EXCLUSIVE rights to reproduce and use such Design Entry, (b) that the winning designs become the property of Sponsor.
Each Contestant, by submitting his or her Design to SDLproject.com and in consideration of the Sponsor and the judges referred to below evaluating your Design for its possible use (including, but not limited to, sale to the public and/or participation in this or any other design Contest), agrees to the following terms and conditions:
Contestant grants Sponsor a worldwide, irrevocable, exclusive, right and license to use, upload, modify, reproduce, copy, exhibit, create derivative works of, distribute, sell, advertise, and display the Designs submitted by Contestant, in any manner now known or hereafter devised. This license may be sub-licensed by Sponsor to others. Use the winner’s name, likeness and entry (in whole or in part) for publicity purposes in all forms of media including the worldwide Internet. Sponsor may require Contestants to execute documents to confirm this transfer of rights.
These T&Cs are legally binding. By submitting an Entry, each Contestant represents and warrants that he/she has the full right, power and authority to enter into these T&Cs, agrees to these T&Cs, and that the Contestant’s agreement to these T&Cs does not violate any other agreement such Contestant has entered into with a third party. If a Contestant has entered into an agreement with any third party concerning the Design he/she entered, that Contestant must advise the Sponsor of that agreement immediately by email using the following email address: email@example.com.
1. Supporting the program: In addition to the standard royalty payable to the University, Robin Ruth will give an additional 3% of proceeds to the University design department.
2. Social Media Winner: The design with the most votes will interview for a summer internship in New York City with Robin Ruth. Robin Ruth will pay for the housing for this internship.
1. Each Contestant acknowledges that Sponsor may decline to select or print his/her Design, exclude his/her Design from consideration, or take down his/her Design from SDLproject.com for any reason, at any time, and in its sole discretion and that the decisions of Sponsor are final and binding.
2. Sponsor may amend, in its discretion, these T&Cs at any time and such changes shall be effective immediately and incorporated into these T&Cs. It is your responsibility to review any changes to the T&Cs. No modification of these T&Cs shall be binding unless confirmed in writing by Sponsor.
Each Contestant submitting an Entry must submit his/her Design on the submission page of the SDLproject.com website. Designs can include 1 shirt (Front and back) and 1 Baseball Cap (front and back) and must have the official University Logo on it somewhere. All Entries must be able to load on the website format. Contestants may craft their own language and slogan. Use of corporate logos is subject to the other T&Cs. Use of individual branded artwork or other trademarked content is prohibited.
All Entries will be judged by a panel of at least five (3) judges, which judges shall be experienced in various facets of the fashion industry including retail sales, internet sales, and licensed products sales. The Entries will be judged using the following criteria: (a) appropriateness to Contest Theme (50%), (b) public appeal (30%), and (c) originality and creativity (20%). Decisions of the judges shall be final in all matters related to this Contest. The judges will choose four.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
By submitting an Entry, each Contestant acknowledges that he/she has read and agreed to these T&Cs. These T&Cs are governed by the laws of the State of Alabama without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Each Contestant submits to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in New York, New York with respect to any disputes, actions or litigation in any way arising out of these T&Cs and the Contestant’s participation in the Contest and all related functions.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Robin Ruth and the Student Design League (Sponsor) (each an “Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising out of or relating to an Indemnified Party’s use of the Design (including reproducing, distributing, adapting, and displaying the Design) and/or a breach or alleged breach of the Design Submission Terms and Conditions.
By submitting an Entry, each Contestant agrees that Sponsor shall have the right to use all personal information provided to Sponsor. Contestants, by participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, distributors and retailers of Sponsor products, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause of thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize in the Contest, or their participation in the Contest, or their participation in any Contest or prize related activity, or any travel related to the Contest, or any travel for any prize related activity.
Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible Entries or Internet technical, hardware, software, telephone, or transmission failures of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to enter the Contest. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any injury or damage to Contestants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest on the Internet should a computer virus, unauthorized intervention or other cause corrupt the integrity or proper conduct of the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant found to be disrupting the operation of the Contest or its web site. If the integrity of the Internet portion of the Contest is compromised in any manner, Sponsor reserves the right to modify Contest and judge winners from valid Entries received that are unaffected by the problem. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any online Contestant, the Contestant will be deemed the individual named on the online entry form.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost submissions, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web-site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest.